Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I've been down for the count for a few days--stomach virus--and have had the compensatory pleasure of many hours of reading/listening to books. This one will stay with me: A Land More Kind Than HomeA Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Southern literature and I grew up in the Deep South during the 1960s and '70s; I've spent a lot of time in the region of NC in which this book is set. I can't believe this is a first novel. It's pitch-perfect in sense of place, character development, and distinctive voices of all narrators. An utterly absorbing and heartbreaking story.

I'm so glad I have the sudio version--the readers are amazing and add so much dimension to an already superb work of literature. I can't wait for more from Wiley Cash.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers