Saturday, February 13, 2010

A new love: social bookmarking


I flirted from afar for a long time. I'm not a spring chicken anymore. Burned and spurned a few times by the shiny and new, it was a challenge for me to trust. Organizational programs, that is. I would always start with high hopes, but I would soon grow weary of the effort it took to keep the relationship going.

Nevertheless, I finally had to admit I was powerless over the chaos of my bookmarks. I was drowning in a sea of unsorted, seemingly random information.
Tentatively at first, then with a growing desperation, I called upon a power greater than myself. Delicious answered. Then Diigo.

Now I've fallen. Hard. I taste. I dig. I stumble.

Friends, behold my bookmarks: http://delicious.com/nancyahenry

Use them, pass them around, they are too sweet to keep to myself.

Are you like my students--skeptical, unconvinced? Wrestling with the doubt that a geeky, middle-aged gypsy teacher could have found a romance with information worth investigating?

Let me call upon others more informed and eloquent to convince you:



Still having your doubts? Here's another great presentation:


Do share your bookmarks and great finds with ME!
That's it for today! I'm stumbling off to make more discoveries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers